Waiters and Naked Feet

Being a waiter is sort of a standard job for an actor; it's expected. I mean, if you're a dentist or an insurance salesman and someone says "where ya' workin' nowadays," and you say, "I'm a waiter at this little French place on fifty-sixth street," they think you're a failure. But if you're an actor, they understand." --From "Eat Your Heart Out"

Most actors have heard those wise words of old: if you can do anything other than theatre, do it. Good advise, really. Even if you could flatter your way through med school, the word would quickly spread about the macabre results of your practice and the world would know: you're quacky. It's sort of a self-regulating system that way. Acting, not so much. The world could say you can't act, but if the box office returns say you can, who's going to argue?
There's a new hit in town that I actually sighted on another blog I, sadly, can't remember: topless flip-flops. Apparently a hit in Australia and the UK, and doubtless soon to be seen on California beaches, I give you the art of flip-flops with neither flip nor flop. I don't advise googling anything with the word 'topless' in it- I was terrified to try, but fortunately came up with this link at the top of the list. I wasn't willing to look further, but there you go.

La palabra de los muertos:

Here lays Butch.
We planted him raw.
He was quick on the trigger
But slow on the draw.

Comments