The Roaring Twenties

Another decade of my life is coming quickly to a close. Days saunter by but I find myself once a year gazing out over the landscape of my mortal life with the distinct feeling that time is careening into the future, pulling me along for the ride.
Yikes.

Every woman in my family has ferociously guarded her age since time immemorial. My grandmother went so far as to convince her children that she was the youngest of three sisters. It wasn't until these children were grown and out of the house that any of the siblings heard their aunt say with icy calm, "I am not the elder sister." While not all that guarded about my age, I do feel a certain...responsibility to live up to the years.


A few days before my last birthday, I looked at a friend and asked "What have I done with my life?"


She laughed, my friend, and we talked about adventures of the past ten years. It would seem it's not how many stories you have that makes your life worthwhile, but I do love a good story. In that vein, I'd like to share a few of my own...

Comments