You Just Have That Kind of Week

It's been that kind of week. The weird kind. From Monday, I knew. It was like watching clouds swirl through the sky on a sunny afternoon. Everything's fine, but you know something's brewing.
Before you go thinking I'm a glass half empty kind of girl, just know that brewing doesn't always mean bad things. The best brewers make beer, "proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Plus, storms may toss you around, but who knows what shore you'll end up on?
Yes, something's been brewing. I think we're now in the fermentation stage and I'm still baffled. I'm watching a dozen completely unconnected pieces float around, bang into me and drift off, with no apparent reason. I run into that one person, there are complications for what was a sure thing, my students aren't getting my cow jokes.
At last, the work part of the week has ended. I have one glorious day off. Pathetic, I know, but when you only get one my gosh how good it looks.
Tonight, I decided to make biscuits. But biscuits require butter, and butter had I none. Already in my pajamas, I loathed the thought of getting all presentable just for butter. But alas, I'm too old to do such things anymore. Those were college days. These are more than post-college days anymore. I outgrew it.
Apparently, you don't really outgrow these things. At least not yet. My final justification was this: It's just been a go to the store at midnight in your pajamas with matching slippers kind of week.

Mmmm, fresh biscuits...

Comments