Books go Moo

There's a book on a shelf closeby with the word "Moo" down its spine as its title. The Moo Book.

It's another day of driving and I realized on my way to work how much I inspire unmitigated hatred. Pulling out of a gas station, I waited for a break in traffice. Granted, I had to get to the far left lane in a hurry once I pulled out, so I waited while traffice backed up.

Not noticing the person behind me, I was alerted to his presence by a honk and him yelling something loudly about the road. I glanced up and completely ignored him.

Perhaps the high road would have been pulling into the road so I didn't keep him waiting, but as I sat there traffic picked up anyhow, and surely he would notice there was no way I could pull out without smashing into someone.

As I watched traffic beginning to ease, I saw him pull around to my left so we would be side by side in the exit/entrance of the gas station. Whether he was pulling past me or next to me in order to yell at me directly, I don't know. All I know is my gap came just as he reached me and I took off into the intersection. I didn't plan to pull away just as he reached yelling distance. That was a just a sweet coincidence.

So he slammed his car into the intersection and sped off, yelling "ASSHOLE!" at me in a voice that reverberated down the block.

Is it really necessary to freak out at people when you obviously don't understand what they are doing or why? Are people's opinions so important that they can't keep their mouths shut? Were this person's seconds so important that he had to lose it when forced to spend a few waiting for his turn? I must admit, who is not impressed by the courage he showed, shouting expletives at a girl while he sped off in his little truck.

Wherever you are, tight faced old man, you can have this big win for the day. You obviously need it.

Comments