When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
-Shel Silverstein

It appears life has taken an orange and lavender turn. My visa is in jeopardy and the chances of remaining in the country are slim. Not a green light by any stretch. And yet the axe hasn't come down (I haven't actually been deported) so there is a chance, be it ever so fragile. Not quite red.

For all the what-if, I'm torn fairly in half and have remained so. It's been a grand three months. For those who have given me their shoulder to cry on in rough patches, know that day dawns and shadows flee away. It's been a good three months.

And now that I've found the groove, the rhythm, etc. etc., now I have to leave?! Probably. No visa's pretty freaking clear. But since the miraculous has been known to happen, I took one last shot, and now I wait to see if it works. I guess that's what you do in the orange and lavender places. You wait.


***P.S. To update since I typed this up, I got the first part of the requisite paperwork in and so far so good. The one last shot is looking hopeful :)=

Comments