Not Very Rhythmic and a Little Bit Blue

As far as R&B is concerned, I'm still very much in the ugly duckling phase-- awkward and gangly. I've learned to suck it up and keep going, because we all know how the duckling turned out. And besides, our class is made up of people at all levels, so the beginners are gangly in solidarity. No worries.

That's when a television crew showed up to our last R&B class.

Apparently a local reality show is following a particular gentleman who decided to get his groove back. While I get that the camera wasn't too worried about the rest of us, the very presence of two cameras traveling around the studio took awkward to a whole new level.

To top it all off, we had a sub whose style was far more hard hitting and colliding than the gentle flow R&B of our normal instructor. I don't think I ever got a handle on the first chunk of choreography and tried to fake it, kind of twitching across the floor. Chalk it up to a beat down on my pride as I thought, "he couldn't have signed up for jazz?"

Comments