Tomorrow's Sexy Seniors

I went into a nursing home to today for a visit and saw the usual trappings of malt shoppe-themed set-ups, movie posters from the 1940s and anything else that helped throw the whole place into yesteryear. It must be comforting to see things from your younger days, which, if my own experience is any suggestion, look idyllic in hindsight. But I wonder if this trend will continue as generations grow older. It's one thing to look at any old movie poster. It's an entirely different thing if that poster happens to feature Humphrey Bogart or Greta Garbo. Not simply celebrities, but classics, legends. I can't imagine it will be the same when my generation convalesces. What will we pepper the walls with? Night club booths? Posters of Zach Morris, the Breakfast Club or Goonies? And will Grandma Tiffany or Grandpa Aidan be comforted to see Brad Pitt staring out from the wall? Just wondering how age is going to transform the 80s and 90s into a golden age...

Comments